Conserve water to lower our energy bill
Hello there, this is Katherine from Electricity Express. Today, I’m here to talk about top tips to conserve water to lower our energy bill. Reducing the amount of water you use can mean big savings. Don’t flush money down the toilet. When you conserve water, you conserve life and you can save money on your electricity bill too.
Big savings by cutting back on consumption of water in our bathrooms.
- While brushing your teeth, turn off the water.
- Limit the time you shower to no more than 6 minutes. (Set an alarm)
- Fill the sink with water while you shave, again turn off the faucet.
- Don’t use the toilet as a trash can.
The average person flushes the toilet 4-6 times a day. Particularly, this is where most of the water consumption is taking place. Since we use the restroom at home every day, leaving you an outcome of high electricity bills if given that we don’t practice saving water.
An easy way to save money and energy on the flushing the toilet at home:
Invest or create your own Toilet Tummy. Conserve water to lower our energy bill
A Toilet Tummy is a bag like an object that is hung inside the water tank as part of a toilet. By doing so, Toilet tummy can reduce the amount of water used when flushing by approximately 2 liters.
Create your own Toilet Tummy by using a half-gallon container, adding water inside the empty ½ gallon, placing the half-gallon container inside the water tank of the toilet.
Saving money by limiting water usage in the kitchen.
- Capture cold water in a bucket while waiting for warm water to arrive.
- Don’t let your money run down the drain like water.
- When washing dishes, load up the dishwasher (full load) and wash away.
- Turn off faucet…
- Try not using hot water
Set your water heater at the right temperature
- Check out your water heater’s settings, you may be using the water heater to its full potential.
- Making the water heater absorbs more energy than it should
- Set it at medium, it does not have to be set as HOT
- When on vacation turn OFF the water heater.
How much water do we waste every day? This is a very overlooked question that not many would be concerned to answer. In all honesty, we often wastewater and we don’t realize that being able to have clean water to shower, wash our hands, brush our teeth. More importantly, water, clean enough to drink is one of the greatest blessings we have. Anything with life needs water to survive, if we don’t learn how to conserve clean water, we’re not just wasting perfectly good water, but we are also overpaying for it and we need to take care of our planet. Indeed, conserve water to lower our energy bill.
“A Drop of safe clean water is worth more than a sack of gold to a thirsty man”
For more energy-saving ideas like Conserve water to Lower our Energy bill, follow our Power Blog.