How to Save Money on Your Utility Bills
Everyone wants to save some money, right? Don’t you? Well, saving cash just got easier. Try following some of these quick and easy steps on lowering your electricity usage. You’ll be amazed how fast you’ll lower your utility bills.
- Adjust Your Thermostat During the Hot Season: Save money during the summer, set your thermostat to 76-78° when you’re home and to ‘off’ when you’re not. In doing this you’ll use 1-3% less energy per degree.
- Use Fans: Ceiling or room fans are a great way to circulate air and keep you feeling as cool as if the thermostat were set on a lower temperature. Save money.
- Use CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) Light Bulbs: It’s amazing how much money will go back into your pocket. For example, replace 75W Light Bulbs with 18W CFLs. which use 76% less energy. Over the course of a year, that can add up to $8-$15 in savings per bulb replaced!
- Cut Laundry Time with Dryer Balls: Using dryer balls can improve the efficiency and lifespan of your dryer by reducing drying time for wet clothes. As the dryer spins, these balls tumble between the clothes, boosting the wet clothes’ contact with warm air pockets. Dryer balls also ‘fluff’ your clothes as they spin, speeding up the drying process and getting rid of the need for dryer sheets.
- Wash Clothes in Cold Water: Cold water cleans your clothes and in the process saves on the energy required to heat the water.
- Sweep, Don’t Spray: Use a broom to clean your driveway or garage. If you need to use a hose, be sure to use a spray nozzle.
- Use Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products: Detergents and other cleaning products are now being made with ‘life-after-drain’ review in mind – try exploring different eco-friendly cleaning products to see which works best for you. http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/green-living/green-cleaning-products-00000000058236/
- Do Your Laundry at Night: Doing your laundry in the evening is an effective way to decrease energy demand during peak hours of the day. This means that your local power generator will run at a more efficient capacity, thus saving you money and a little more time during the day.
You can also save some extra monwt by calling Electricity Express at 855-781-6970. Ask our friendly Customer Service Representatives about our No Deposit, No Contracts terms of service.