Why You Do Not Save on Your Residential Electricity 3 Air Conditioning – Heating.
Part 3 of our blog series Why You Do Not Save on Your Residential Electricity.
On this occasion we reiterate the proper use of household appliances. Specifically, the unit of air conditioning and heating.
When you figure out which are the appliances that spend more energy in your home, you will see some solution and see why you do not save on your residential electricity.
It is possible to know how much light is spent each day.
- First of all, I would like to say that when the customer uses an electricity company that sends a monthly bill, it will be a little difficult to see the difference when you are trying to improve your residential energy consumption by modifying the use of some appliances.
- The only way to know, day by day, the energy consumption in the home is to have a residential electricity company that offers prepaid electricity system. Prepaid electricity sends you text messages or emails every day. This way you can see that, if one day you use your washer and dryer, that day the energy consumption is higher.
- Making changes in our appliances we will see what is the optimal way to use them.
How to know which appliance spends more energy.
Electricity Express has researched so much on this, we put ourselves to the test and make those small changes. We do not want to tell you to stop using your appliances, but we recommend that you use them better.
The air conditioning and heating is what spends most energy in the home. Here I list the steps to follow:
- Do not turn it off when leaving your home; it is better to leave it in AUTO.
- If possible, adjust the temperature when it goes out for several hours.
- The most advisable thing is to install a programmable thermostat, and this is what we do. I can tell the thermostat at what time I leave the house and that I do not need the temperature of comfort (say about 70 ° F), but I tell the thermostat that I do not want the temperature of the house to drop below 60 ° F in the winter or more than 80 ° F in the summer. And I tell him at what time I will return so that the temperature gradually rises so that when I get home after work and it is at the desired temperature.
- Adjusting the home temperature when we are not there is different than turning the unit off completely. In this way, if it is very cold or hot, the house does not exceed a certain temperature and so, when it returns from work, it will not cost the unit so much to reach the desired temperature.
What is the difference of not turning off the air conditioning or heating unit. Another reason Why You Do Not Save on Your Residential Electricity
- If the air unit is turned off completely, then the home can reach extreme temperatures, and when we return home we turn it on, this will take a long time to reach the desired temperature and therefore more energy will be spent.
- If we leave it in AUTO, then the air unit will get into operation sporadically; It is better to turn on several times for short periods than once for a very long period.
Soon we will talk about the correct use of the washing machine and clothes dryer, which are in position number 2 of the household appliances that spend more energy in the home.
Another appliance that spends a lot is the water heater, more than anything in the winter.
Other reasons Why You Do Not Save on Your Residential Electricity
Electricity Express is here to help… #electricityexpress