Appliances we should consider upgrade to save money on our Electricity bill
Many of us are unaware of how much Electricity our appliances use at home, after an investigation, I realized how much electricity I am wasting just by not turning things off like televisions and computer monitors from the wall rather than leaving them in standby mode, which consumes power even when they’re not being used. Also the ubiquity of computers, with associated scanners, printers, additional displays and 24-hour internet access, makes them a significant part of energy use. Moreover, we should consider all the Appliances that use more Electricity. (For more tips see: https://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/09/f18/61628_BK_EERE-EnergySavers_w150.pdf)
Is it time to upgrade? Save Electricity by upgrading Appliances
For example, today’s refrigerators and freezers use about 40% less energy than those of 15 years ago, (link) with that in mind let’s consider upgrade, also consider the size you need. A larger model uses more energy than a smaller one with the same energy star rating. A single large fridge is usually more efficient than two smaller ones. Important things to consider when changing old appliances to new ones. For more information see: https://www.energystar.gov/products/appliances-look up for Appliances that use more Electricity
- Look for the ENERGY STAR® label on light -bulbs, all home appliances, electronics, and other products, this “meet strict efficiency guidelines” set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency & the U.S. Department of Energy
- Look out for energy rating labels- choose an appliance with a high star rating- choose Electricity Express
- The Energy Rating Label must be displayed on the listed appliances when offered for sale- Appliances that use more Electricity
- Energy efficient appliances can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Electricity bill.
- Consider Maintenance, poor maintenance can lead to higher energy use
Use efficient appliances throughout your home, get better performance and your lower energy bills
- Fridge freezer: Place the fridge or freezer in a cool spot out of direct sunlight and away from cookers, heaters and dishwasher- look up for Appliances that use more Electricity
- Home entertainment and TV: A large screen (110cm to 130cm) 3 star rated TV on for 10 hours a day uses around 471kWh a year- Avoid buying equipment you don’t need
- Home office/ Stand-by computers: Turn off appliances when not in use, preferably at the power outlet
- Pool and sprinklers: The most significant energy use in pools comes from heating. If you must heat your pool, choose solar heating in combination with a pool blanket that traps heat to help keep your pool warm
- Landscaping: placed tree, shrub, or vine can deliver effective shade, act as windbreak, and reduce your energy bills
- Dishwasher: look for models with hot and cold connections or cold connection only. Hot connection only models use much more energy as the whole cycle uses hot water, not just the wash phase.
- Clothes washer & dryer: look for a 6 star dryer uses approximately half the electricity of a 2 star dryer.
Electricity Express can help you with any questions you may have, do not hesitate to call us at 888 509 7251.
For more Energy news.
Electricity Express advantages, Prepaid & Postpaid Electricity Services.
- Same day Connection – No Extra Charge
- See how much you save every day (prepaid)
- Competitive Rates
- No Contracts (prepaid)
- No Reload Fees
- Pay – As – You – Go EZ-Flexpay (prepaid)
- No Deposit (WAC or prepaid)
- World Class Customer Service
- Extended Hours for Sales
- True Electricity – Pay What You Use
- Daily Notifications of Usage (prepaid)
- Lite-Up Texas Program is Welcome 
Call us today to speak to a live prep…
888 509 7251
Electricity Express is here to help… #electricityexpress
Lite-Up Texas aplications